The Patient Participation Group is a group of people (patients) that help within the Practice and also run Information Evenings on different subjects.
Sue Roberts is the Chair Person for the group if you would like to contact Sue, this can be done by leaving a note or telephoning the surgery.
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) was created in 2006 to assist in the liaison between patients and the practice with a view to:
- Ensuring that patients have a chance to raise questions on local health issues and learn more about the resources available in the community
- Providing a means for patients to make positive suggestions about their practice and their health care
- Encouraging health education activities within the practice
- Acting as the surgery patient representative group to attempt to influence the local provision of health and social care.
- Contributing views and ideas for the purpose of future healthcare service provision within the Practice
- Contribute to patient satisfaction surveys at the surgery and to the monitoring and evaluation of performance and other targets set by the practice.
- Establish and maintain a regular exchange of information between patients and staff by way of production of a practice newsletter.
- The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is open to all patients at Priory Fields Surgery/
- The PPG Core Group comprises of a group of willing dedicated volunteers/
- The agreed Core Group membership is 12/
- Patients interested in joining the core group are invited to join, if the group exceeds 12 then a decisionis taken by the existing core group members as to whether this number is exceeded.
- The PPG has an elected Chairperson who has a term of office of a maximum of 3 years with the possibilityof re-election after that time.
- The PPG has an elected Vice Chairperson who has a term of office of 1 year after which the group will elect a new Vice Chair unless the current Vice Chair wishes to stand for re-election.
- The Managing Partner of Priory Fields Surgery co presides over meetings with the Chairperson, Core Group meetings are held on a monthly basis on the Third Tuesday of the month with the exception of August.
- The Annual General Meeting is held in December. This is advertised within the practice and via the Practice Newsletter. As necessary elections of Chairperson and Vice Chairpersons will take place at this meeting.
Responsibilities of Chairperson and Vice Chairperson
- Will liaise with the Managing Partner to agree meeting agendas and annual programme.
- Ensure that regular monthly meetings of the PPG are held and that members are circulated with relevant paperwork.
- Preside over the monthly meetings, the Health Promotion Events and the AGM.
The Vice Chairperson:
- Deputise in the Chairpersons absence.